Thursday, 23 February 2012

Random Things You Find

So here's another entry on odd bits and pieces. Just to give an insight into... how random the things I find out are, I suppose.

For a start, this was a nice little quote I found at random about the beginning of Coronation Street... after deciding to use some free time to watch episodes from back in the 1960's (funnily enough, it hasn't changed much). It kind of amused me, so here's a nice spoonful of irony:

"According to BBC producer Olive Shapley, who had worked with Warren on Children's Hour, the idea for Florizel Street later changed to Coronation Street, came to him late one night in 1959 while they were returning to Manchester by train. Shapley recalled:

"At about Crewe, after a long period of silence, Tony suddenly woke me up saying, 'Olive, I've got this wonderful idea for a television series. I can see a little back street in Salford, with a pub at one end and a shop at the other, and all the lives of the people there, just ordinary things and ...' I looked at him blearily and said 'Oh. Tony, how boring! Go back to sleep.' ... Tony has never let me forget my error of judgement."



Anyway, from some random stuff on soap operas to other things... the pictures you find on the internet seem to be getting better and better.



No comments:

Post a Comment